Sunday, November 27, 2011

11/24/11

Happy Thanksgiving friends and family! Here's last week at a glance:

  • Formerly mysterious fruits-- I have discovered the pomegranate and I think my fingers may be permanently stained pink. I can't. stop. eating them.
  • All dogs go to heaven-- A less active family asked us to come over and pray for their sick dog. We did not use the priesthood and bless their dog, although that is what they indicated they were hoping for.
  • Rose cones-- There's a certain kind of coniferous tree that grows here in Northern California that produces these fragile cones. When they fall to the ground they break into a million pieces, and the top few layers usually stay together and form a perfect little brown rose. I've collected over a hundred of them. I know they will come to good use someday. I'll show you pictures another time.
  • Still chuggin' along-- We have been working closely with the presidents of the ward auxiliaries to get names of part member families that are likely candidates for baptism within the next month or so. We're very hopeful that we'll see some fruits from this. Other than that, we've been using our time to show the Lord our diligence by putting in LOTS of time tracting and street contacting. Nothing yet, but we'll see.

And that's life! I love you all and am grateful to have you in my life!

No comments: