Monday, August 8, 2011

8/8/11

I forgot to tell you about my baptisms last week! Maria was indeed baptized on the 30th, and she was so happy. I love her and I can't for her son Osker to be baptized in a year or two. She's already started asking about doing baptisms for the dead. Sister Despain and I promised each other that we will be back in a year to go through the temple with her. I'll be off my mission by then but it will so be worth a road trip back.
 
Isaiah (our 8 year old deafie) and his parents Loretta and Jimmy ended up moving their baptism back for crazy reasons, something about Loretta leaving Jimmy for financial reasons when they had only been married a WEEK. Crazy. I don't know the full story. The important thing though is that Loretta came back and they were 100% ready to be baptized the following weekend (Aug 6th). The baptism was great and they seemed very happy.
 
Also, congratulations to Fair Oaks on officially being the rudest area I've worked in so far! But I guess rich people need the gospel too so we will keep trying. We don't really have any solid investigators at the mo. Except Dakota. He's a teenager and he comes to church almost every week, but he hasn't been baptized for a few reasons, one of which is that he's felt pressured by missionaries in the past and he wants to do it in his own time. We have a tentative baptismal date for next Sunday, but he's out of town till Wednesday so we'll see if that goes through. We also have Myron, but I don't know if I can count him because he is what we call an "eternal"--someone who's been investigating the church a looooong time and hasn't decided to be baptized yet. He's been meeting with the missionaries for almost a year now. But I certainly haven't given up hope yet. He just needs to come around in his own time, hopefully sooner rather than later. He is a funny guy. I like him a lot. He texted us this morning to tell us to get our lazy butts out of bed and get on the road. Quite a character. Anyway, I'm trying to learn to love this area as much as I loved Stockton. Time will tell.

No comments: