Monday, August 22, 2011

8/22/11

Well, the most exciting event of last week was Dakota's baptism. It was great. He's been attending church for over a year now and so several of the young men from the ward showed up to support his baptism, which I just thought was marvelous of them. I've been to a few baptisms that weren't well attended and even though it doesn't really matter how many people are there, it is still a little sad to me. Anyway, his baptism was great. We have no others in the works at the moment and so we continue to look for the golden people.

Here is something. Our zone had a charity competition that Sis Langirik and I won. Our prize? A horrible picture of Jesus sitting on a park bench with a troubled teen. I know that I just offended someone who loves that picture, but the thing is I've seen so much terrible Christian art on my mission, you wouldn't even believe it. And that's all I got folks.

No comments: