Monday, February 28, 2011

She really does love animals.

Hello blogosphere! Today is a lovely day, and my zone took advantage of it by going to the Sacramento Zoo. As you can imagine, I loved that. I was thinking as we walked around that it would be nice for my family to make a donation to a zoo or an aquarium if I die anytime in the near future. Then I could have a plaque on the sidewalk. Or a bench if you pay enough money. Here is what it could say:

IN MEMORY OF SARA FOSTER
She loved animals.

Because that's the truth. Today at the zoo we were hanging out at the monkey exhibit, which is surrounded by a chain link fence with wide gaps. I was watching a mama chimp groom her baby when all the sudden I heard Elder Brimhall say, "Drop the poo. DROP THE POO." I looked over just as a chimp threw an enormous handful of poop through the fence at the elders. One elder came this close to getting a faceful. That would have been exciting, and horrible.

This week we had a disappointment with the Fagapuleias, who don't seem to have any desire to come to church. For cultural reasons. It is difficult to explain and my time is short. But we added a new investigator, Filiga. She is married to a less active member. Sister Coffin and I gave her the full first lesson, and the spirit was so strong. Filiga seemed affected by it, especially by the recitation of the First Vision. I hope she's been reading the Book of Mormon. I guess we will find out soon enough.

This week we dropped a TON of investigators. People like having us in their homes because we bring the spirit and they feel good around us, but most don't have any intention of keeping commitments. It is hard to drop them though, because when we don't have anyone to visit we have to knock doors for hours and hours every day trying to find new people. And it's been freezing and rainy for the last week. I was actually quite sick this weekend. But we are persevering! Keep us in your prayers!

Congratulations by the way to COREY AND ERIN TINGEY! I love you guys and I am so happy for you.

That is all for today. Be good everyone.

No comments: