Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crazy Daisy.


Well, this was another good week in Cali. Sister Coffin and I are still focusing on finding new investigators, which has proved difficult because we're only authorized to teach Polynesian people we meet in this area. So if we find someone in our area who is interested but isn't Polynesian, we have to turn them over to the elders in our zone. It's frustrating! We've been trying to work through the less active members of our ward in order to kill two birds with one stone--recommit the less active and also get referrals from them. We've also been trying to work with part member families, but not much success so far. But we're fasting and praying and trying to be hopeful. 

I just want everyone to know that there are some KOOKS out there, and I love every one of the ones I've spoken with. I wish I met more in fact. The elders have told me about some crazy people in the zone who many of them know. One of them is Crazy Jo, a less active who almost everyone in my zone has seen at some point hauling something weird down the side of the road, such as a fire hose. Another is Noah, a homeless person who likes to speak in rhyme and enjoys flagging the elders down to shoot the breeze. In rhyme.

Anyway, just doin the work and chuggin along. Hope everyone's doing well. Love you all.

No comments: