Monday, February 21, 2011

Update!

Hello friends. I hope that you're all well. I'm doing all right myself. It is slowly getting easier, although missionary life is certainly an adjustment. But when things are good, they are really really good. We are teaching a part member family right now, the Fagapuleias. We meet with them almost every day and they're very interested. It is so wonderful seeing things click for them, and I just love the family to death. I really hope that they get baptized...The only issue is getting them to church. They don't have a car and the people in this ward are notorious for not giving rides. We're working on it though.

This week in weather was certainly not California's finest. Rain, cold, and hail-storms almost every day. I broke no less than two umbrellas this week in the wind. One stormy day I was thinking, how can this day possibly be salvaged? And the next moment we stepped back outside and saw that the sun had miraculously come out and there was a MASSIVE double rainbow in the sky. And this of course was lovely, but mostly it made me smile because I thought of the double rainbow youtube video that I loved so much last summer. So that was wonderful.

Here is something. I have seen more vanity license plates here than anywhere else. Here are a few I have seen:

OK 2 AGE
DA A TEAM
DETHBAT
THA KING

And many more that I didn't write down. I will continue writing them down though because I like them very much.

So that has been my week. I hope that you are all having marvelous weeks doing whatever you're doing.

No comments: