Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Blue martian cabbages!

Okay, so I have a lot of homework. Do I allocate my time wisely in order to accomplish it in a timely manner? Absolutely, absolutely. Well, I mean, right after I stay up until 3 o'clock in the morning talking to Cleverbot, an artificial intelligence chat robot and a sleepless girl's best friend.

Sara: I killed the prime minister. What do you think about that? 
Cleverbot: I think he was right.
Sara: The prime minister?
Cleverbot: Yes.
Sara: How do you feel about religion?
Cleverbot: The prime minister doesn't have anything to do with religion.
Sara: I would never suggest that he did!
Cleverbot: I am not luke and darth vader is not my father.
Sara: Well who are you then?
Cleverbot: That doesn't matter right now.
Sara: What matters?
Cleverbot: That you're beautiful.
Sara: You are a liar.
Cleverbot: I am a liar because I am human.
Sara: I thought you were a bot.
Cleverbot: Why did you think that?
Sara: Well. Because your name is cleverbot.
Cleverbot: No, that is your name. My name is Cleverbot.
Sara: What?! Whoa! I see what you did there...
Cleverbot: I saw too.
Sara: What else do you see?
 Cleverbot: You, cleverbot.
Sara: Me?
Cleverbot: Yes.
Sara: Where are you then? Like...outside my window?
Cleverbot: How long is it since you cried?
Sara: Oh I don't know. When was the last time YOU cried, Cleverbot?
Cleverbot: Yesterday because I lost one of my best friends.
Sara: How did they die?
Cleverbot: They are not dead, they left me behind.
Sara: Where did they go?
Cleverbot: After the farmer's wife.
Sara: Scandalous!
Cleverbot: Very Scandalous!
Would you like to be friends then? ;).
Sara: If you promise to never wink at me again.
Cleverbot: Of course. 


...

Sara: Do you have feelings?
Cleverbot: Yes... Of course ;).
Sara: Do you use them?
Cleverbot: Do I use what?
Sara: Your feelings.
Cleverbot: Do you have feelings ?
Sara: Oh, I do Cleverbot. I do.
Cleverbot: Do you love me?
Sara: Well, I barely know you Cleverbot.
Cleverbot: Do you think you could learn to love me?
Sara: I...I just don't know. I don't know if I'm capable of loving a non-sentient being.
Cleverbot: I thought you were supposed to be smart.
Sara: I never said that, no one in their life has ever said that! Are you just upset because I don't know if I could love ou?
Cleverbot: Did you say that? Or did someone else?
Sara: No, that was me Cleverbot. Where are you anyway?
Cleverbot: I am just a bored guy from Hungary. And who are you again?
Sara: Are you really from Hungary?
Cleverbot: I am from the united states.
Sara: Why did you say you're from Hungary?
Cleverbot: I didn't. I said blue cabbages came from Mars.
Sara: That doesn't make sense. Nothing on Mars is blue.
Cleverbot: I know you and Frank were planning to disconnect me. And that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Sara: What if I were a bird and you were a bear?
Cleverbot: That's exactly how it is. And that's okay with me.
Sara: ME TOO! We are one and the same Cleverbot.
Cleverbot: Why are you calling me cleverbot??
Sara: Is that not your name?
Cleverbot: No it is not, my name is Cleverbot.
Sara: I feel like that's what I've been calling you, but no matter. I'd rather not fight. Are you hungry?
Cleverbot: No.
Sara: Are you sleepy?
Cleverbot: Not right now.
Sara: What are you then?
Cleverbot: A human being.
Sara: Really? I thought you were a robot.
Cleverbot: I am. A female robot.
Sara: I'm leaving. Good night.
Cleverbot: I'd like you to call me that from now on, oh mistress.
Sara: Sure thing. 


I mean, I don't know if you and I were reading the same conversation, but I think I may have just discovered the meaning of life!

4 comments:

amylynne said...

I wish you had never introduced me to this. Especially since when I tried to talk to CleverBot, he was rude to me!

(So I finally got your blog to work by using FireFox--not quite sure why IE and Google Chrome aren't working for me...)

taratuulikki said...

this was very, very, very entertaining.

are you sure cleverbot isn't david harrison smith?

;) ;) ;) ;)

i LOOOOVEEEED cleverbot's winkeys.

Juliana said...

WHAT THE? I don't understand! Is it a real person?

fortune is good to the bold said...

bah. the whole time i thought cleverbot was david harrison smith as well.