Monday, May 10, 2010

I just want to say hi to the one I love, cherry blossom girl

One of the best things about summer is that if you know where to look, you can always find fun things to do. Now, I'm an avid googler. If I have a question about anything, anyone, anywhere I know that with a can-do attitude (and the correct Boolean operators) the answer can be found, no matter how far out in cyberspace it may lie. And so yesterday I googled the best stuff going on in Utah County in the next few weeks. One of the most promising results I uncovered is the Lamb and Wool Festival. And I am GOING! Because it's evidently this thing where I'm going to get to touch baby lambs, and that's pretty much all I needed to know. As if that wasn't enough, there will be "sheep dog demonstrations, duck herding, wool sheering, waulking, storytelling, wool crafts & activities, entertainment, pony and wagon rides, food, and more." AND MORE!  
                                                                                                                                        If you were curious about waulking, well, I'll tell you that it has to do with the cleansing of wool and it used to involve the use of heavily taxed urine. So. Educate yourself if you want.                                                           
Oh, and ps about duck herding: why don't they just fly away? They don't look HAPPY to be chased around, and can we blame them?
  I will pet you.

2 comments:

amylynne said...

HAHAHAHA. That's awesome!!

Juliana said...

the only thing i could think that waulking could be was christopher waulken reading scripts. but that might not even be how you spell his last name... haha but