Sunday, April 4, 2010

Well my heart has fallen down, thought I'd talked myself around

Lately this is my life: I go to school, and then I listen to music. Sometimes I make an appearance at a social function if someone makes me. But mostly my life is small and quiet, and I know I make it that way but I'm still going a little stir crazy.

This is what I'm listening to as I slowly die from cabin fever:


That's "St. Peter's Day Festival" by Ra Ra Riot. It's a good song from a good album. But it doesn't keep me from wanting to go here.
This is a monastery in Greece.
Or here.
These are tulip fields in the Netherlands.
Or here.
Machu Picchu in Peru.

When I get too sad about the fact that I am doomed to be in school year round for the next year and a half and have no money to travel anyway, I go to the National Geographic website and look at pictures and just weep because they are so pretty. I love school and my friends and even boring little Provo, but sometimes I close my eyes and pretend I'm somewhere else. And I tell myself that as soon as I graduate I'm going to pack a bag and disappear for awhile.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Where are you going?! Don't just disappear! I will be very worried about you if you just vanish! I think that you should travel, I just think that I should have a copy of your itinerary. That's all.

amylynne said...

I hear Texas is LOVELY this time of year...

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha you are so cute. I feel the same way, except I don't look at pictures because it pisses me off.

Tara