Monday, March 22, 2010

and i was your silver lining, as the story goes

I've been getting emails for the past month informing me about the elementary ed major classes I'm starting this spring, but I hadn't gotten the letter in the mail saying I'd gotten into the program, so it just didn't feel official yet. The thing is, I knew the letter was in my mailbox, I just haven't been able to get to it because my roommates and I lost our mail key. We resigned ourselves to the fact that the key is, for all intents and purposes, being worn around the neck of a homeless man as jewelry and so we ended up paying FORTY DOLLARS to get a new one. Okay post office, would you like my KIDNEY TOO? And by my kidney, I mean my mom's kidney because, let's be honest. She paid for it. Anyway, it was all worth it because I got my official letter, and some homeless guy got a new piece of jewelry, and some employee at the post office got almost enough money to buy his wife a new DIAMOND RING. All's well that ends well.

3 comments:

amylynne said...

1)I gave myself a pat on the back for recognizing your post title as my favorite song on the CD you made for me. I am so hip.

2)I'm glad you pointed out that it would be Mom's kidney that you would be donating to the post office. But I think Mom's kidney is worth more than 40 dollars. Yours might be worth more than that, too. I'm not sure.

Mom said...

My kidney is worth WAY more than $40.00!! I am glad that you got a new mail key because I sent you a birthday card!

Juliana said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and CONGRATULATIONS