Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7/26/11

Greetings! News comes in three's.

1. Maria moved her baptism to the 30th. Boo. She wanted to be baptized on the 30th rather than the 23rd from the beginning because "30 is a better number than 23" apparently. We didn't want to push her to be baptized on a day she didn't feel good about (even if the reason is superstitious NONSENSE and she KNOWS THIS) so we changed it to the 30th. But she's solid. I am so excited for her. It's going to be the best day in the history of days!

2. Isaiah (our 8 year old deafie) and his parents are getting baptized this Saturday as well, just a few hours after Maria. They're excited and their ward has been awesome about welcoming them in. I feel so privileged to get to be a part of a family baptism, even if my part was very little.

3. I'm being transferred to Fair Oaks, which is up above Sacramento I believe. The kicker: I am shotgun training. Shotgun= neither I nor my companion were in the area for the previous transfer, so we don't know the area, investigators, or members. Training= yikes. I think they really must have some huge issue going on with the sisters if they're asking someone who's barely been out for 6 months to train a brand new baby missionary straight from the MTC. I'm going to pick my "daughter" up from the mission office tomorrow. She'll be at new missionary training, and it is SO WEIRD to me because I feel like I was JUST IN new missionary training. I'm scared. Missionaries look up to their trainers so much. I feel like I have to be the perfect missionary, which I certainly am not. But I'll try my best. President Lewis told me he felt very strongly that this is what the Lord wants so I just have to trust him. And Him.

Also, congratulations to Quinn and Mandi as well as Stacy and Brett!!!! I love you all and wish I could have been there. I was partying with you in my heart.

No comments: