Monday, May 9, 2011

5-3-11

Hello everyone. This will be my last post from Manteca, CA because I'm being transferred again. Here are some facts about my new transfer:

1. My new area is Stockton, which is the roughest, ghetto-est part of the mission. (But they do try to take good care of the missionaries in Stockton.)
2. I'm not sure to what extent, but my mission president told me that my new companion is mostly deaf.
3. I'm not only the senior companion, I'm her follow-up trainer (missionaries get two transfers worth of training, and I'm doing her second transfer of training). I'm only one transfer older than her (I've been out for three months), and I have no idea how this is going to work.
So this is shaping up to be an interesting upcoming transfer. I felt like I was being pushed to my limits before, but the funny thing is that on the mission your limits keep expanding. So I'm sure that it will be fine. At this point I'm just trying to look at the positives and not wonder too much why I'm being asked to follow-up train when there are several sister missionaries who are much older than me who could do a much better job. But this feeling of inadequacy is nothing new--all missionaries feel somewhat unequal to whatever task they are faced with I think. It keeps us relying on the Lord.
Anyway, I'm rambling. Happy Mother's Day everyone! Tell your mama you love her. Signing out.

No comments: