Sunday, March 7, 2010

Found: about twunny rocks.

I went hiking a few times earlier this week up in the canyon and on Y mountain. I love hiking. I can't stand to not be outside when the weather is nice. On Monday I was happily running down the mountain. I pretended I was a flock of geese, I pretended I was a horse, I pretended I was in Iceland. When I got to the bottom I found a rock I liked and I picked it up, and the thing is, I really don't collect rocks and I in fact have no use for them at all, but I kept picking them up and putting them in my hoodie pouch. I told myself I would dump them out at the end of the trail but then I just didn't. I have no plan for them. I am not artistic. Don't ask me why I do these things, all I know is now I have a bowl full of dirty water and a handful of vaguely similar rocks at the bottom. So, I mean, if you were looking for a bunch of muddy rocks...I have some.

And here they are.

2 comments:

amylynne said...

I like these rocks. I think you should make it a tradition of sorts to collect them. And find some pretty dish to put them in or something.

Either that or drill holes in them and make Mom a necklace. Mother's Day is coming up you know.

Also, I am jealous that you have mountains to frolic about in.

Mom said...

I think they are prettier than average rocks.