Thursday, February 2, 2012

1/30/12

So Thursday I get a text from the zone leaders saying that we were having an emergency mission conference the next day. I was a little stressed about this because I had appointments I had to reschedule or cancel. I wondered what could possibly be important enough that they would need to see every missionary the very next day. So Friday, all 200 of us are in a chapel in Stockton together, and the assistants tell us all to stand, which we always do when the mission president enters. We stand up and look down the chapel aisle, where none other than JEFFERY R HOLLAND is making his way to the stand. It was so cool. Of all the apostles, it happens to be my favorite, Jeffery "The Bulldog" Holland as I like to call him. I was sitting in the second pew, so I was probably 10 feet away from him. He got up there and just gave a great talk in classic Holland fashion. He even yelled at us! "Don't you DARE even think about becoming inactive after your missions. THAT IS SIMPLY UNACCEPTABLE" he roared so loudly the mike squeaked.

It. Was. Awesome.

We all got to shake hands with him and talk with him briefly. It was so nice that he took the time to do that. It was one of the best days of my mission for sure.

Also, one of our investigators, a woman named Jo who I have come to love very much, has tentatively accepted Feb 18th as a baptismal date. I am so happy for her. I've loved teaching her and getting to know her. All in all things are going good here!

No comments: