Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yay!

I hope that everyone enjoyed general conference this weekend, or GenCon as it is also known by some (me, in my head). It was probably the best experience of my mission so far. It hit me so differently than it has in the past. I always thought I understood what they were talking about, but now I really GET it. You know? Anyway, it was great. What was everyone's favorite talk?
 
The work is going well in Manteca. My mission has a higher baptismal goal than usual this month (105) and Sister DuQuette and I are trying to do our part to meet it. We definitely have several people who COULD be baptized this month, but it might take a few small miracles to actually get any of them in the baptismal font before May. The more promising investigators are Brandi (BEYOND golden, but living with her boyfriend and not in a huge hurry to rush into a marriage or break up), Natasha (teenage daugher of a less active, started out very interested but possibly not ready to commit to baptism), and Sialei and Leah (teenage daughters of a less active, super nice and have been to church a bunch of times but may not be super serious).
 
What else, what else. Well, this morning the washers and dryers at my apartment complex were broken in the most wonderful way possible. They worked perfectly fine except that they didn't take any money off our cards. A freebie! It usually takes 6 or 7 bucks just to get some clean clothes around here every week. Not exciting news? Well it made MY day.
 
I think that's about it around here. Except that one of my roommates, Sister Carlos, is being ETed (emergency transfer) out of Manteca and is going to Sacramento because a visa waiter there unexpectedly got their visa and is leaving tomorrow. But I tell anyone who asks me why she's being ETed that it's because she has a crush on one of the elders in our zone. She has told me that she will shoot me if I tell anyone else that, but I don't believe her because she doesn't have a gun as far as I know.
 
Anyway, that's it for me. Hope you're all well and safe and happy.

No comments: