Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Update!

Malolelei! Another pretty good week here in the Tala'ofa Ward. In fact, this week (the last week of the transfer) things really started picking up. We found 3 or 4 pretty promising investigators. And unfortunately now I'm being transferred out! They are sending me south to Manteca to shotgun the area, which means that neither my new companion nor I were in the area for the last transfer, so we are pretty much starting from scratch because neither of us knows the area or the people. It's scary but kind of exciting. I hope I'm up for the challenge.

I have my first baptism this Sunday! Chris is still solid and he's good to go. G2G. 

I see flocks of wild turkeys all the time. I see them roaming in families and I think, "That's nice. Turkeys have families." Forever families? I think so. I also see flocks of mosquitoes and I don't believe that they have forever families because they're evil and the worst. My poor companion is allergic to them and gets these nasty bruises and scars from the bites.

I've been told from several unreliable sources that Sacramento is in danger of flooding because it's surrounded by rivers and we've had rain pretty much non stop for weeks. So I may soon be serving in New Atlantis! I'm prepared to accept this assignment.

Thank you all for your lovely birthday wishes and thoughts! It was a weird but good experience celebrating my birthday on the mission. 

So that's life. I'll let you know how Manteca is once I get there. Alu a!

No comments: