Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Greetings from Sister Foster!

Hello friends! I have been at the MTC for two weeks now and time is absolutely flying by! I will be in Sacramento in 6 days, which terrifies me beyond belief. I feel so unprepared. Remember me in your prayers.
 
Life in the MTC is wonderful and interesting. There are 2000 missionaries here right now, and so there is lots of good people watching. For instance, during my gym time I can always count on one relentlessly determined Elder to run around the track, breathing loudly and painfully and counting the lap number to himself loudly: "THIRTEEN....THIRTEEN...THIRTEEN..." He sounds like he hates himself and the world, and it is very interesting to me.
 
Speaking of gym, my companions and I used to hate gym. We dreaded it every day, and we mostly just walked around the track talking. Until the day we discovered 4 square. There is never an accomplishment that makes me more proud of myself than when I am in the king square of the court, even if it's only for a moment. We've become very good friends with the district who usually plays 4 square, and it's nice to have new friends.
 
My cousin Elder Christensen is in my district and he is a character. His family raises cows and turkeys and he breaks horses. He was telling me about birthing calves the other day: "Sister Foster, you just go on out at 6:30 in the morning when the ground's a little damp and the dirt smells nice, pull a calf-- funnest thing you'll ever do." I love the guy, I really do.

My branch president called me to be the coordinating sister of my branch, which means I do the things the zone leaders aren't allowed to do with the sisters--room checks, counseling, interviews, etc. I had to go to a few hours of training and meetings and it was so weird to not have companions. I thought that i would love being by myself, but mostly I just felt uncomfortable. I guess I am adjusting to life here. 

I wish I had more time to write but it will have to do to say that life is good here. I will be very sad to leave actually. But I'm looking forward to the next phase. I'll keep you updated. I love and miss you all.

No comments: