Thursday, July 1, 2010

The way you make me feel!

Wonka recently came out with a new line of candies, which they are dubbing "exceptional." One candy in this line is the so called Fruit Marvels. They are enticingly fat adorable little spheres. Ian and I were grocery shopping and he picked up a tin. We were excited to try them, but were quickly disappointed because they're straight up gross. We let them sit dismayingly in their little purple tin and I quickly forgot about them on the ride home as I sang a Michael Jackson song at the top of my lungs. I opened my mouth wide to sing passionately about pretty baby with the high heels on, and Ian popped a few of the forgotten candies in my mouth. And then a few more. And a few more until not a single one more would fit. We thought it was hilarious, kind of a much more uncomfortable game of "Chubby Bunnies." We laughed and laughed and then finally I couldn't stand to have them in my mouth a second longer. I opened the car window to spit them out, and in my head I advised myself, "Now Sara, be careful about getting them on the side of his car." I opened my mouth and SPIT EXPLOSION. All of the laughter stopped. QUARTS of orange spit all over my sleeve, the inside of the door, the floor, everywhere. I didn't even know what to do. Ian looked at me with a smile like he just couldn't believe what I'd done, then handed me a box of tissues with a "get to work" expression. I did the best I could, but the interior of his car seems to be stained with light orange drool. We stepped out of the car and he said, "Did any of it get on the door?" Lo and behold, not a drop got on the waterproof exterior, just the cloth interior. A success!

3 comments:

taratuulikki said...

hahahhahahhahahhaa i actually laughed out loud.

amylynne said...

I just visited your blog, and I noticed you've jazzed it up with interesting colors. NICE! Landon is very excited to see you NEXT WEEK!

Unknown said...

It was a success of sorts--I guess. Actually it was nice of Ian to consider it a success at all. It sounds exceedingly gross to me and I would have to sell my car after an incident like that...